This post was last updated on December 26th, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Things You Need To Flash A Phone:
Follow These Steps To Flash A Phone
- You have to download and install the SP flash tool software. After downloading, go to the SP Tool folder (Extract it if it’s a .zip file). Open the folder and look for Flash_Tool and run the application. You will use this software to do the flashing.
- Download the MediaTek Vcom Drivers and open its folder then run the application.
- Download your phone’s ROM or Firmware. This will vary depending on the phone you want to flash. Contact us if you need help in getting the ROM or Firmware.
- Open your SP Flash Tool (If you haven’t). Next you have to locate the .txt file and add it to ‘Scatter-loading file’ You will get this file on the ROM/Firmware folder you downloaded on step 3.
- Remove your phone’s battery, Sim card, Media card from the device. Connect the phone to the computer using a compatible USB Cable.
- There’s a drop down menu below ‘Scatter-loading file’. Make sure you choose ‘Format All + Download’. Once done hit the Start/Download button
then insert your phone’s battery.
- The flashing process should then start. A small window(showing a green cycle with a correct sign) will pop up when the process is done.
- Disconnect the USB Cable and switch your phone. It will start up as if it is new.
I hope your phone is up and running again. Now check if you can receive or make calls. If it shows ‘Data Connection Only’ then you should continue reading.
To fix this small problem you will need your phone’s IMEI code(You can find the IMEI code below the battery or its box), Kingo Root and Chamelephon Apps plus an internet connection (20MB of data should do).
1. Download and install the King Root app and root your phone.
2. After rooting your phone, Download and Install the Chamelephon app.
3. Open the Chamelephon app and enter your phone’s IMEI code on both fields.
4. Click apply new IMEI codes.
5. Restart your phone.
That’s all you need to know and do share the post. If you require further assistance do Contact Us or comment below.