— Posted in Software
Update Your Huawei Y520 Software In Less Than 5 minutes – Step By Step
Last updated on June 2nd, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guang dong.
The Huawei Y520 smartphone was released on December 2014. For more info about the smartphone and its specifications visit the GSM Arena website. Remember, When you flash or update an android smartphone’s firmware you simply re-install the software.
Most of the time the flashing process requires apps like SP Flash tool, VCOM drives but luckily you don’t need all that to update this smartphone. The Huawei company has created a simple file that one can use to update the phone’s firmware without using the SP Flash tool. Now when should you update the Huawei Y520’s firmware? Well, do read below to find out.
Update The Huawei Y520 Firmware When You Notice The Following:
- If your phone crashes or freezes every now and then. Keep in mind that freezing can be caused by junk files! You can also try wiping(Factory reset) your phone to clean it.
- Update the firmware if your phone can read the sim card but shows ‘no service’. However, I believe this can be solved without downloading the firmware file. Try downloading and installing the Kingo Root app and Chamelephon app. Process explained later on the post.
- If some apps appear as com.android… and their icon is the one of android on the main menu.
- If it shows the “unfortunately, ‘app name’ has stopped” message frequently. Try updating the app that shows this message before updating the firmware.
Things (Requirements) You Need To Update The Huawei Y520 Software
- Huawei Y520 Software.
- Fully Charged battery.
- Phone’s IMEI Numbers.
- Chamelephon App
- Kingo Root App
- Data Bundles minimum of 1GB
Part A: Fixing The “No service” Error Message (No Firmware Download Required)
If your phone can read your sim card but shows a “no service” message do the following: Firstly, Write down your phone’s IMEI numbers (Can be found below the battery – IMEI 1 and IMEI 2). Secondly, Download and Install both the Kingo Root and Chamelephon applications on your android smartphone.
Tip: Connect to data services using a WiFi (Hospot) connection to be able to connect to the internet on your smartphone. Thirdly, Open the King Root app and root your phone. Fourthly, Open the chamelephon app and enter your phone’s IMEI numbers and click Apply New IMEIs. Restart your phone and it should read your sim card now.
Part B: Updating The Software or Firmware
To update the Huawei Y520 firmware download the firmware file by clicking here(Huawei Site). Extract the file and look for the update.zip file under the dload folder. Transfer the update.zip file (DON’T unzip the file) to your smartphone’s SD Media Card. Make sure your SD Media Card is inserted in your Huawei Y520 phone.
Now go to settings -> Storage on your phone and scroll down to Software Upgrade. Click software upgrade -> SD Card Upgrade then confirm. Your smartphone will then begin the process! Wait a few minutes. Make sure you don’t remove anything from the smartphone until the whole process is done.
If you encounter problems or have suggestions don’t hesitate to contact me, Cheers. Don’t forget to rate the post below