Lunapic is a website that allows one to edit his or her photos for free. In short, it is a free online photo editor.
The Lunapic website is one of the best platforms to use (online) to edit and design photos. You don’t have to register nor create a special account (with premium membership) to use their tools. Lunapic has tools like resizing, effects, creating GIFs, Filters and so on but on this article we talk about its Transparency tool.
This tool helps in removing the background of a photo as Photoshop and other paid software do! but the difference is that Lunapic is free.
The Lunapic transparency tool works as a charm but has one con. The con is that – If you want to remove a white background on a photo, you have to make sure that the area you want to keep in that ‘photo’ does not have the white color (or it will be transparent too).
TO REMOVE THE BACKGROUND OF A PHOTO USING LUNAPIC TRANSPARENT TOOL – FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
1. Go to www.lunapic.com or visit our Developer Tools’ page to get a clickable link.
2. Click upload and browse (or look for) the photo you want to edit.
3. (After uploading the photo) Click on the edit option >> then select Transparent on the drop-down menu.
4. Click on the color you want to remove.
5. Look for Save to: Device | Facebook… T save the photo on your device click on the device link. You can also share the photo on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr.
Microsoft Office Word’s Transparent Trick
YOU CAN ALSO REMOVE THE BACKGROUND OF A PHOTO USING MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD. TO DO THAT FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW OR WATCH THE TUTORIAL.
1. Open your Microsoft word and add the photo(s) you want to edit on your document.
(if the photo you want to edit has a white background, change the page background color to another color by the clicking on the Page layout tab and select page color).
2. Click on the photo and select the format tab on top.
3. Select the Remove Background option.
You will see five (5) options and the purple color on the picture represents or shows the areas of a photo that will be removed if the cropping frame is not resized.
4. Resize the cropping frame to show the full picture.
5.(i) Select Mark Areas to keep and click on the picture to mark areas you want to keep (the + represent areas to keep)
(ii) Select Mark Areas to remove and click on the picture to mark areas you want to remove (the – represent areas to remove)
6. When done, select keep changes.
7. Go back to the home page by clicking on the Home button on the tab.
8. Click on the photo and right click (to display options) and select save as a picture.
9. Rename the photo and choose the picture format. I recommend you select the .PNG or .GIF format.
N.B Choosing the .JPEG/JPG format won’t remove the background.
That’s all you need to know and do folks! Do share you take on this post using the comments section and thank you for reading, Cheers.